We're committed to ensuring that we respect and protect our customers' privacy.
Who We Are
Vitality Hosting provides a variety of web presence solutions and related services (the “Services”). Vitality Hosting is a part of Goddard Group LLC (“Goddard Group”). Learn more about the Goddard Group family.
The information that Vitality Hosting collects in connection with the Services is hosted on servers located in the United States (U.S.) unless otherwise provided, and may be processed or accessed outside of the European Economic Area countries by us or our service providers. By using the Services, you freely and expressly give Vitality Hosting your consent to export your information and data outside of the European Economic Area.
Information We Collect
We collect information in different ways from Users who utilize our Services, the network of websites accessible through our Services, or visit the Vitality Hosting website.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. When Users visit the Vitality Hosting website, Vitality Hosting collects non-personally-identifying information including the browser type, IP address, geographic location, language preference, referring site, metadata about the User’s use, the pages the User views and the date and time of each visit to the Vitality Hosting website.
- Personally Identifying Information. Personally identifying information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, which may include your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with such information. It does not include aggregate information, anonymous information or any other non-personally identifiable information. The amount and type of personally identifying information that Vitality Hosting gathers depends on the nature of the interaction with the User. For example, we ask Visitors who choose to sign up for our newsletter for their name and email address while Customers are asked to provide additional information to process their purchases. Vitality Hosting may ask Customers to provide additional information beyond what was requested during their initial purchase if Vitality Hosting determines it is necessary to verify your identity or reduce fraud. Vitality Hosting does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described herein.
- Aggregated Statistics. Vitality Hosting may collect statistics about a Customer’s use of the Services. For example, Vitality Hosting may collect the number of emails sent per month through the Services.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide the Services and as discussed in this section.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. Vitality Hosting collects non-personally identifying information to better understand how Visitors use the Vitality Hosting website. Vitality Hosting may use aggregated and non-identifying information to promote advertisements that appear on the Vitality Hosting website and in connection with the Services.
- Personally Identifying Information. The information collected from Customers is used to manage each Customer’s account and to promote other products or services that we believe may be of interest to the Customer. Vitality Hosting may also generate aggregate profiles from information that Customers provide during registration or subsequently as may be requested by Vitality Hosting (e.g. through customer surveys or additional services).
- Emails. If you have provided Vitality Hosting with your email address, Vitality Hosting may send you emails to tell you about new products or services, solicit your feedback, inform you of an outage or interruption in service, or just to keep you up to date with what's going on with Vitality Hosting and our products and services. If you send us a support request, we reserve the right to remove all personally identifiable information and publish such request on our website to help us support other Users.
- Passive Information. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement of cookies (described in further detail below) or other tracking technologies (as mentioned below) is used to provide a customized experience as you use the Services.
- User Analytics. Vitality Hosting may use the information it collects to do a better job of advertising and marketing our products and services, in connection with our security and compliance programs, to target prospective customers with our products or services, to assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor the Vitality Hosting website, product and service offerings to you.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information with the entities and brands within the Goddard Group corporate family to improve or offer new products or services that we believe may be of interest to our Users. We may also share personal information when we believe that such disclosure is required by law, to deliver a product or service, or as described below.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. Vitality Hosting may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate. e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- Personally Identifying Information. Vitality Hosting discloses personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that: (i) need to know such information in order to process it to provide the Services, and (ii) have agreed to keep such information confidential. Vitality Hosting will not rent or sell personally identifying information to anyone.
- Aggregated Statistics. Vitality Hosting may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Vitality Hosting does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described herein.
- Legal Reasons. We may access, preserve and share information about Users with companies, organizations, governmental entities or individuals outside of Vitality Hosting if we believe, in good faith, that the law requires us to do so. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes (such as law enforcement requests). We may also access, preserve and share information about Users as necessary to: (i) establish or exercise Vitality Hosting’s legal rights or defend against any legal claim including threatened claims involving Vitality Hosting based on the anonymity of a domain name; (ii) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or other illegal activities; (iii) prevent death or serious physical harm to any person; or (iv) investigate violations of Vitality Hosting's Terms of Service.
- Sale of Business. If Vitality Hosting is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets that results in a change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or use of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Domain Registration. In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") or certain registries, the contact information you provide to register a domain name ("Domain Name Registration Information") has to be made available and accessible to the public through a "WHOIS" search. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the Domain Name Registration Information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name's creation and expiration date. The Domain Name Registration Information you provide is hosted by us or a third party service provider and is made available to the public through WHOIS searches. At times, Customers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available WHOIS database by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from us and we do not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties. We may also deposit your Domain Name Registration Information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements.
- Unsubscribe/Opt-out. When you become a Customer you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices about your account, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered through Vitality Hosting and/or in conjunction with our partners. To unsubscribe from Vitality Hosting newsletters and promotional mailings, please update your preferences in your customer dashboard or submit a ticket in Vitality Hosting's customer area. You may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by us or our partners/affiliates. Customers are not permitted to unsubscribe from transactional notices.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. We allow you to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information we have in our custody or control by accessing your personal profile in your account or by contacting support via email. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records. To ensure you receive the information you need to manage your account and protect your privacy, please be sure to keep your contact and billing information up to date. You can contact Vitality Hosting support by email at email@example.com.
Last Modified on: June 18, 2017